What is ZombieFest?
The short version is a Darn good time. Picture a zombie apocalypse. Got it? Good. Now picture it with live music, food, (just food- not "live" food) zombies that won't actually eat you, and a festival atmosphere. Among the events planned are a zombie walk, food vendors, music and dance performances, costume contests, an "avoid the zombies" course, kids activities, prizes, fun, mayhem, (takes a breath) WHEW! An official timeline will be posted soon so make sure to check back!!
Is ZombieFest family friendly?
That depends. Is your toddler a bad-ass that isn't afraid of anything? Is your teenager going to have a panic attack and soil himself? Zombies are impartial... This decision is on you, parents. Keep in mind, however, that there will be blood, mayhem, and scary, scary corpses. There will be a "safe zone" in Munn Park where OUR zombies are not allowed and a kid's area with activities geared towards younger ones but that does not mean that other zombies or scary sights will not be seen there. Parental discretion is strongly advised!
Should I come dressed as a zombie?
Absolutely, though it isn't mandatory. We will have a costume contest, and there will be make-up artists on hand to help you in your undead transformation for a nominal fee.
Is there an admission cost?
There is no admission cost, though many of the individual events within ZombieFest will have a fee. These include- but are not limited to- many of our scare zones, children's bounce houses and etc.
Use the “haunted house” rule in that you are not to touch, shoot, strike, poke or give "wet willies" to our zombies, staff or anyone. Unless they give you permission, it's just plain rude. Our zombies have feelings too!
-Munn Park is our "safe zone" for those that want to come view the madness from a distance. None of "our" zombies will be allowed in the park but that does NOT mean that other zombies or scaries will not be lurking there. Just an F.Y.I.
- Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations.
- During the Zombie Walk, stay within the designated route. If you stray away, you are on your own.
- No Weapons, real or fake.
-No drugs. None. Forget it.
-No alcohol outside the local bar’s designated area.
- The Zombie Walk is a family event; let’s watch the language out there! The more outrageous your costume, the more fun you will have, guaranteed! However, no nudity.
-No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. We want this to be an annual event, don’t ruin it!
- Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at bars we are not affiliated with and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.
-Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.
That’s pretty much it for now, folks! Check back for updates, and have fun!
2013 Lakeland ZombieFest